Summer 2013 Digital Storytelling 106
(that’s Jim Groom down there doing his thing this summer, inspiring us all to create, daily)
My Introduction: DS106 has come well recommended by my virtual collaborators in other connectivist Mooc type courses this year such as #Etmooc and Mozilla’s #Teachtheweb. I am an English prof. in Vancouver, BC learning all the web tricks I can to enhance my online courses. This intro is brief after a day of wake boarding in Deep Cove, BC (not me in the picture, me in the boat), catching up on a cMooc development with co-conspirators and now needing to catch up on some sleep before ds106 launches tomorrow morning. Looking forward to the creativity challenges.
Click the image below!!
May Creations (migrating from #etmooc to #teachtheweb to #ds106) Connectivist Learning!!
- Also, my recent collaborative Teachtheweb project: Open is Attitude, Open is Hope (click here)
A #teachtheweb collaboration remixed from
Clint Lalonde for #teachtheweb
Collaborators: Janet Webster, Emma Irwin,, Vivek Ananth, Sheri Edwards
Here is a portfolio of some of my other Summer 2013 #DS106 projects……
My opening scene to a Twilight Zone episode entitled “L’Aventura”.
My ‘headless me gif.’ Click the image!
Here is a superimposed photo of me using another DS106 photo called ‘Sunburst’ by Rockylou22.
Here is a superimposed photo of an older me onto a baby me, I’m calling ‘CapeCodOlderMe’. Decided not to make it creepy by replacing heads, as in older head on toddler body.
- Click here for my You Tube Exercise Video for Doing Absolutely Nothing
- My thank you note to a childhood story character:
Vielen dank, Heidi!
Although you are not a supernatural character in children’s literature, I loved your character because you loved the mountains. I always pictured myself in the dizzying and rugged heights of the Alps, sleeping on a bed of hay with an open loft window to the pine -scented air. It all seemed so idyllic in the story, far removed from the crush of the city life I lived in as a child. Now, a BC girl, I have hiked many ranges, slept under the stars in the alpine and lived on simple foods while trekking in the freshest, oxygen- rich air. I love the outdoors, and I’m passionate about my province- my life in BC is as close as I can get to my childhood fantasies of living like you, Heidi, in the Alps.
And still more………..
- Write Your Life in 140 Characters. Create TDC559
- A Limerick about somebody really famous! Daily Create TDC557
- Take a photo of earthworm’s perspective (my notes: worms can’t see images: only detect light). pic.twitter.com/Fw4pG3W0E8
- My recurring dream update. Vivid, familiar-a willow from childhood memory-why? Haunts. pic.twitter.com/xgW8qSqhLn
- Non- political words about heads of state. Alas, not mine. Shelley wrote it better. http://tdc.ds106.us/writings/heads-of-state/
- My favorite activity gif; spending time with R. (Click image)